As a national leader in the construction industry, Suffolk is redefining what it means to build. We challenge the status quo every day by gathering the people, innovations, and partnerships that can explore and go after new ways to do our jobs. Our focus on high-performing teams and technology translates to groundbreaking solutions for all industry sectors and phases of building. We provide value throughout the entire project lifecycle by leveraging our core construction management services alongside vertical service lines, an approach that is revolutionizing the industry and making a permanent mark on the world of business. Join us for a thrilling experience that will energize you, challenge you, and propel your career.
Suffolk is a national enterprise that invests, innovates, and builds. We provide value throughout the entire project lifecycle by leveraging our core construction management services with vertical service lines that include real estate capital investment, design, self-perform construction services, technology start-up investment and innovation research and development. We have $4.5 billion in annual revenue, 2,400 employees, and main offices in Boston (headquarters), New York, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Estero, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. We serve clients in every major industry sector, including health care, science and technology, education, gaming, transportation and aviation, and commercial. Suffolk is privately held and is led by founder, chairman and CEO John Fish. We’re ranked #23 on the Engineering News Record list of “Top 400 Contractors.” And we’re proud to be a certified 2021 “Great Place to Work.” For more information, visit www.suffolk.com and follow Suffolk on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
Suffolk is seeking people who are bold. Curious. Innovative. Caring. Looking for the career opportunity of a lifetime. We’ll challenge and inspire you to be your very best. We’ll embrace what makes you unique and lift you up as you take chances. Here, you’ll find a place where you can act with purpose and integrity, bringing intelligence and grit to every aspect of your job. Join us for the chance to achieve your ambitions and build your legacy.
The Project Executive provides overall leadership and direction on the construction project. Typically, the Project Executive is responsible for negotiating the Owner contract, is the main contact for the Project Manager for issues concerning budget, billing and client satisfaction, and ensures the fiscal success of the project.
• Provide leadership in business judgment and all financial and profitability aspects of projects under your jurisdiction
• Participate extensively in and the work acquisition process, working to define and develop project budgets and schedules that will achieve profitability objectives taking into account project-specific challenges
• Set appropriate milestones and assign staff qualified to handle the scope and complexity of the project
• Work closely with clients, owners, architects, and subcontractors to develop relationships that exceeds the client satisfaction to Suffolk’s demanding standards
• Provide oversight in managing all necessary resources throughout the entire project from start-up through closeout and ensure that the Owner’s expectations regarding budget, schedule, and quality, as well as Suffolk’s profitability objectives are met or exceeded
• It is expected that the Project Executive is the “common thread” that owns the project from Pre-Construction through Closeout and beyond. This involves:
• Project Acquisition:
• Project Start Up/Turnover/Pre-Construction:
• Project Operations:
• Financial Performance:
• Schedule Performance:
• Meeting Management:
• Client Relationships:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk.