The Insurance Program Manager is responsible for the coordination and handling of various segments of Suffolk’s Risk Management Program including CCIP, Subcontractor Default, Builders Risk, and Certificate of Insurance Compliance.
If you are an innovative collaborator and proven performer who enjoys working on teams that deliver superior results, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Suffolk, a construction management firm that is sparking an industry revolution and has consistently been named a “best place to work”!
• Coordination of CCIP project start up with the Director of Risk Management, project team and Broker
• Coordinate training to project managers, superintendents, and administrative support on CCIP processes and procedures in conjunction with Insurance Coordinators
• Oversight of Insurance Coordinator holding monthly CCIP meetings with project teams
• Collect information to create CCIP Manuals
• Coordinate CCIP and Subcontractor Default project enrollment
• Oversight of subcontractor enrollment and excluded entities
• Report monthly project payroll information
• Participate and assist Director of Risk Management in preparation for program renewals
• Review of policies to ensure adequate coverage is afforded or identify potential gaps
• Review manuals and complete Suffolk’s enrollment
• Participate in OCIP meetings
• Report monthly project payroll information
Certificates of Insurance
• Supervise and manage the day-to-day workflow of the Insurance Coordinators and Insurance Administrators, and act as a resource for questions
• Responsibility for analysis and subsequent approval/denial for all requests for waivers of insurance requirements
• Understand and be able to communicate and train Suffolk’s Subcontractor Certificate of Insurance process
• Perform the certificate of insurance audits of direct reports and SOP Assessment of projects
• Work with Director of Risk Management to gather underwriting data and provide quotes to project teams within your region
• Review Owner Builder’s Risk policies to ensure adequate coverage is afforded or identify potential gaps
• Track invoicing and credits for Suffolk Master Policy
• Coordinate terminations and extensions of all Builders Risk policies
• Assist Claims team with Builder's Risk claims including documentation, reporting, submission, and correspondence with adjusters.
• Prepare monthly reports regarding Builder’s risk policy placement
• Bachelor’s Degree, additional legal and/or insurance experience is preferred
• Strong understanding of insurance and knowledge of coverage terms
• Construction background preferred.
• Excellent communication skills (both written / oral) / able to effectively communicate with all levels of the company
• Thorough working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook
• Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist Designation
• AINS Designation
• Possess and understand Suffolk Core values, goals and vision
• Actively participate as a team member within the Risk Management department and with all departments within the Company
• Willingness and ability to expand knowledge and effectiveness in both the commercial insurance industry and the construction industry
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal with all levels of staff
• Highly developed interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive, or critical claims situations
• Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast paced, changing work environment
• Initiative to meet designated time tables with minimum supervision
• Detail oriented
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk.