The HR Director, Northeast & Corporate serves as the strategic partner to the Northeast regional and corporate leadership team in Suffolk’s headquarter location. This role provides direction in strategic HR planning and operations, providing a broad range of HR consultation, advice, solutions and services. Additionally, the HR Director ensures an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that embodies Suffolk’s core values.
If you are an innovative collaborator and proven performer who enjoys working on teams that deliver superior results, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Suffolk, a construction management firm that is sparking an industry revolution and has consistently been named a “best place to work”!
• Serve as a strategic partner to the senior leadership teams and build strong relationships with internal client base, both in the office and at regional project sites.
• Be a trusted advisor, coaching business leadership on leadership effectiveness and performance.
• Drive the annual performance management process across client constituency.
• Effectively use influence and negotiation strategies to secure support from stakeholders for support of key initiatives.
• In line with Suffolk’s vision and strategic priorities, drive employee engagement and ensure a collaborative workforce based on shared goals and accountability.
• Build relationships with internal clients, including traveling to project sites throughout the greater Boston area.
• Lead employee relations resolutions, minimizing risk to the organization by actively responding to and addressing employee concerns in a timely, cost efficient manner.
• Conduct complete investigations and make recommendations based on findings/facts, partnering with HR leadership and legal counsel.
• Drive effective workforce planning in partnership with business leaders, including defining mix of experience, knowledge and skills required to get the best talent on board in a timely manner. Create, update and build effective job descriptions in line with the company’s growth.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition to attract and retain top talent from both inside and outside the company. Drive best practice processes for the full candidate lifecycle with a particular focus on best-in-class onboarding.
• Support the business with organizational design practices and solutions as the business grows.
• Support the company’s professional development initiatives by leading talent reviews to identify top talent and succession planning strategies. Recommend and implement retention strategies to retain and develop top talent.
• Lead and manage change across client group to influence organizational culture. Implement change programs as business needs dictate.
• Lead annual compensation planning process with regional leadership, ensuring highest performers are compensated in line with their business impact and contributions. Collaborate with total rewards colleagues to drive participation in annual benefits enrollment processes.
• Partner with P&C colleagues to instill a culture that emphasizes collaboration, accountability and transparency among the P&C team.
• In partnership with learning & development team, identify training needs, drive professional development initiatives, and ensure compliance with mandatory training.
• All members of People & Culture must exemplify Suffolk’s Core Values of Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism and Caring
• Bachelor's Degree
• 8-10 years of progressive HR Generalist or related experience, plus 2-3 years management experience
• Proven HR business partner skills including consultation with leadership; performance management; succession planning; workforce planning; talent acquisition; compensation planning; learning & development; employee relations & compliance
• Strong analytical skills to leverage data and a fact-base in delivering HR programs and strategies that effectively address business issues
• Proven strategic HR coaching skills with a demonstrated track record of exceptional client service delivery in a matrixed organization
• Track record of achieving results that contribute to significantly to the business
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Sound business judgment with strong planning, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
• Highly organized with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Candidate must possess Suffolk’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism and Caring.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk