The Project Accountant plays a key role in tracking and reporting on the project’s financial performance.
If you are a proven performer who enjoys working on collaborative teams, thinking outside the box and exceeding expectations, you may qualify for an exciting and rewarding career at Liberty Construction Services.
• The Project Accountant will be knowledgeable of construction accounting and will be responsible for the following:
o Process subcontractor requisitions and vendor invoices.
o Communicate with subcontractors to acquire necessary documents for processing of payments (i.e. insurance requirements, waivers, billing procedures, etc.)
o Process the monthly owner requisition in Timberline.
o Process subcontractor and owner change orders in Timberline.
o Select invoices to be included in the weekly disbursement cycle.
o Monitor the cash position of each project.
o Process accounts payable job cost transfers.
o Maintain & monitor supplier list.
• Manage documentation flow as well as update all relevant information related to requisitions and invoices.
• Work closely with Project Managers and Project Controllers on all facets of project accounting and administration issues.
• Match vendor invoices with existing purchase orders for payment approval and perform research internally and externally when invoices do not match
• Review vendor statements and follow-up with appropriate parties to resolve any issues
• Review re-rental contracts to ensure accuracy, dispatch contracts, create additional billings, update existing contracts and execute equipment returns to close out contracts
• Adjust internal systems to correct issues
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk and Liberty Construction are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law.
This applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.